Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Turkey Burgers Florentine

I put together this recipe from a turkey burger I buy at Wegmans Supermarket. It's one of my favorite grocery stores, but the closest one is 15 miles from my house. So I don't get there that often. They sell Turkey Florentine burgers made fresh in the meat dept. and I love them on the grill. So I decided to try to remember what is in the burgers so I can make them myself. I think I came pretty close with this recipe, and they are really delicious. So here it is...


1.3 lb (20oz) package of ground turkey
2 tbls bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 sun-dried tomatoes (fresh is best but jarred is ok if fresh isn't available)
5 baby spinach leaves, sliced thin and cut in half
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Splash of olive oil

Add all the ingredients in one bowl and mix together. Form into patties and grill on medium to medium high heat for 6 minutes on each side. Serve on a roll or a wrap with lettuce and tomato slice. Add you're favorite side salad and some multigrain chips. Makes 6 burgers.

These burgers were juicy and filled with flavor. My family loved them. You can also change it up if you want, replacing the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, with roasted red peppers and fresh basil. Add a little tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese on top and you have Turkey Parmesan. Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks delish! You are very creative and love your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope to post a lot more.

    ReplyDelete