Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fruit and Yogurt Smoothies

Nothing sounds better to me for breakfast on a really hot day is a Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie. And I make them from scratch, with all fresh and healthy ingredients. Its quick and easy and you can change it up how ever you want. I use fresh Strawberries and Bananas, but you can also use fresh mangos with orange segments, or blueberries with raspberries, whatever's in season. Here's my ingredients.

For the Smoothie you will need:

1 carton of vanilla carb control yogurt (or what ever brand you use)
4 large strawberries
1/2 banana
Approximately 1/4 cup of non fat milk
a splash of orange juice
fill an 12-16 oz cup with ice. Add a little more if you want a thicker smoothie.
Truvia to taste 

Put all the ingredients except the sweetener in the blender. Turn the blender on almost high for about 1 min. When you're done, taste it to see if it needs to be sweeter. Sometimes the fruit isn't very sweet. Add enough sweetener to your liking and blend again for a couple of seconds. Pour it into a large glass, add a strawberry garnish and straw. 
This drink is so frosty and refreshing, and perfect on a really hot day like today when its over 80 degees at 9am. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!




2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love your blog! You make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have a late week next week I expect this for breakfast. : D

    ReplyDelete