Monday, June 6, 2011

Chick Pea Salad

What I like about cooking is that you can use someones recipe and change it up a bit to make it your own. My daughter did just that. She actually got this recipe from Glamour Magazine and put her own touch to it, and I also added my touch to it too. It's a great dish to serve in this hot weather and It's easy to make and it's healthy.

1 can of chick peas, rinsed and drained
1 ripe avocado roughly chopped
1 large tomato chopped
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp tabasco sauce
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp chopped chives
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
6-8 lettuce leaves (bibb or red leaf)

Just add everything to the bowl and mix. It tastes good wrapped in the lettuce leaves or its great by itself. Now here's the twist. My daughter adds 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained, and I like to add a little garlic powder, and reduce the tabasco sauce to a few shakes. Also, I use fresh chopped tomatoes packaged from the produce dept. just to save a little time.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. And it's very creative. Can't wait to see more. How often will you blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to blog a few days a week. Thank You I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete